The "F-Zug" express trains of the early Fifties generally had only 2nd class cars (corresponds to today's 1st class cars). When required, 1st class (eliminated in 1956) could also be offered. Then only four of the six seats in a compartment were occupied. Depending on the use of a car, 1st or 2nd class or both classes could be displayed at the entries, in which the class numbers 1 and 2 shown in relief were hidden by a cover plate of sheet metal. These cover plates could be installed in three positions by the crew.