Prototype: German State Railroad (DRB) class 95.0 (former Prussian T 20) freight tank locomotive. Version with 3 domes, water tanks riveted from inside without visible rivets and with openings, German State Railroad lanterns. Road number 95 004. The locomotive looks as it did around 1939.
Model: The locomotive has an mfx+ digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 5 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive is constructed chiefly of metal. A 7226 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive. The dual headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke unit contact will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. In addition, the cab lighting can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free, warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. There is a close coupler with an NEM pocket and a guide mechanism at both ends of the locomotive. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Piston rod protection sleeves and brake hoses are included. Length over the buffers 17.4 cm / 6-7/8".
A freight car set to go with this locomotive is offered under item number 46017.
This model can be found in a DC version in the Trix H0 assortment under item number 25098.
Road number 95 004 was built by Borsig in 1922 under builder number 11108. It was delivered on January 31, 1924. From March of 1923 to May of 1936, it was based in Dresden-Friedrichstadt, and from June of 1936 to May of 1941 in Pressig-Rothenkirchen.