Prototype: Museo Ferroviario Piemontese / Piedmont Railroad Museum locomotive no. 3. Former Ferrovia Val Sessera / Sessera Valley Railroad (FVS) locomotive no. 2. Built in 1907 by Henschel as a Prussian class T 3. The locomotive looks as it did when restored to its paint and lettering scheme in 1935. Use: Special excursions.
Model: The locomotive has an mfx digital decoder and controlled propulsion. There is a miniature can motor in the boiler. 3 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive has detailed running gear and a representation of the Allan valve gear. The headlights are maintenance-free, warm white LEDs. The headlights will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. There is an open view through the engineer's cab. The locomotive has many separately applied details. Length over the buffers 9.9 cm / 3-7/8".
In 1882, Henschel delivered the first example of a saturated steam locomotive with 6 driving wheels for branch line service. The T 3 impressed people with its easy maintenance, robustness and versatility. The jury at the Chicago World"s Fair in 1893 was also convinced. It awarded a prize to this 11 year old design. Even 13 years later locomotive builders were still bold enough to exhibit the T 3. In Milan, Hanomag presented the last locomotive, equipped with a Lentz poppet valve system as an experiment. The exhibition efforts paid off for the companies involved. Locomotives of similar design went to China, France, Greece, and Italy. The German State Railroad designated it the class 89.70. In Germany, in addition to the Prussian State Railways, numerous private railroads purchased the T 3.