Prussia on Wheels.
Around the next to the last turn of the century Prussian passenger cars were also gaining in speed and comfort. The classic, hard three-axle cars no longer met the needs of the new age. The KPEV therefore decided to purchase compartment cars with trucks. These cars featured many side doors with continuous steps as well as a clerestory roof and a high-mounted brakeman's cab. The procurement of the regular production cars began in 1895 and extended to 1920. A total of over 3,400 cars were built, with different arrangements of the different classes of seating and with design changes. More than half of the cars were 3rd class units with 9 compartments and seating for 76 on wood benches. The other cars had mixed classes with different arrangements of the compartments for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class.