Short and to the point.
From about 1910 on the "Schwerin" and "Nürnberg" gondolas were built in large numbers for the State Railroad Freight Car Association and for the German State Railroad. The superstructure of steel construction and the short chassis made the cars very stable and allowed a full load even with heavy bulk freight. Many of these cars with their almost toy-like appearance came into German Federal Railroad ownership after 1945. A large number of them still had the old DR lettering or the Occupation Zone lettering, and they were replaced later with new larger cars that had been rebuilt.