Prototype: Class E 19.1 electric locomotive in a crimson basic paint scheme. Design in the museum version of the DB Museum in Nürnberg. Lettered as E 19 12 of the former German State Railroad (DR), Era II. The locomotive looks as it did in Eras II/VI.
|Gauge / Design type||H0 / 1:87|
2nd locomotive of a 5-part series of museum locomotives.
E 19 12 Museum Locomotive "The fast E 19 pulling FD express trains in five hours and 50 minutes from Munich to Berlin", read the euphoric announcement from the president of the Erfurt Region, Offenberg District, at that time for the opening of electric operation between Nürnberg and Saalfeld on May 13, 1939. The DRG had planned continuous electric operation between Munich and Berlin, the line Nürnberg – Halle being run at 150 km/h / 94 mph and between Halle and Berlin, the plan even being to...
E 19 12 Museum Locomotive "The fast E 19 pulling FD express trains in five hours and 50 minutes from Munich to Berlin", read the euphoric announcement from the president of the Erfurt Region, Offenberg District, at that time for the opening of electric operation between Nürnberg and Saalfeld on May 13, 1939. The DRG had planned continuous electric operation between Munich and Berlin, the line Nürnberg – Halle being run at 150 km/h / 94 mph and between Halle and Berlin, the plan even being to reach a continuous speed of 180 km/h / 113 mph. The DRG had two each test locomotives developed starting in 1937 by AEG (E 19 01 and 02) and by Henschel/SSW (E 19 11 and 12) for express train service on this main line. Both firms went back to the concept of the successful E 18, but all four E 19 units were equipped with considerably more powerful motors, sturdier drive gear elements, as well as pilot wheels of larger diameter. The electrical part of both designs differed considerably. The AEG units had four newly developed AC series-wound motors and the SSW locomotives had four eight-pole double motors. In addition, the E 19 units had electric resistance brakes for running in test operation at speeds of up to 225 km/h / 141 mph. The four E 19 units were delivered between January 1939 and July 1940 with an exclusive, wine-red paint scheme. The outbreak of World War II however prevented extensive testing. After the end of the war, all four units remained in the western zones and were downgraded by the DB by the beginning of the Fifties to 140 km/h / 88 mph. Still, road number E 19 12 carried out extensive test runs after the electrification of the line Nürnberg – Regensburg, and on May 15, 1950 even pulled the opening train decorated and with honored guests to Regensburg. With one exception, the E 19 units (starting in 1968: 119) spent their lives stationed at Nürnberg Main Station. Between 1968 and spring of 1970 these "Race Horses" had to shift their service to Hagen-Eckesey. From there, they went back to Nürnberg in 1970 in very poor condition where the staff was familiar with them and achieved better performance again thanks to good maintenance. Road number 119 011 was the first to be retired in 1975 due to transformer damage. The other three units also followed between 1977 and 1978. Two of the "Race Horses" were preserved for the future: Road number E 19 12 stands as a DB museum locomotive in the original wine red paint scheme in the Nürnberg Transportation Museum and the AEG museum locomotive, road number E 19 01 also in the original paint scheme is on loan to the German Technology Museum in Berlin.more
|Control Unit||Mobile Station||Mobile Station 2||Central Station 1/2||Central
Mobile Station 2**
|Electric locomotive op. sounds|
|Sound of squealing brakes off|
|Headlight(s): Cab2 End|
|Whistle for switching maneuver|
|Headlight(s): Cab1 End|
|Letting off Air|
|Sound of Couplers Engaging|
** New features of the Mobile Station 2 (Part No. 60657/66955) with the Software Update 3.55