Road number 56 765 of the GDR German State Railroad is an absolute one-of-a-kind. It emerged in June of 1939 from the conversion of the former Prussian G 8.1 (DRG road number 55 4131) by the DRG. The aim was to improve the running characteristics of this locomotive with eight driving wheels with the addition of a Bissel frame pilot truck and to increase the speed to 70 km/h / 44 mph. After World War II, it remained on the DR in the GDR and worked into the Sixties in passenger and freight service while being stationed at the maintenance facility in Heringsdorf on the Isle of Usedom. There it was even equipped with smoke deflectors as an exception due to the occasionally strong winds off the sea. The lettering "Lok Brigade Fritz Reuter" ("Fritz Reuter Locomotive Worker's Team") shows the special care given to this locomotive by this team and commemorates the Low German author and democrat Fritz Reuter, who lived in the 19th century.
Prototype: German State Railroad (DR) GDR class 56.2-8 steam freight locomotive. Converted Prussian G 8.1 with a pilot truck. German State Railroad (DR) (prewar) lamps and bell included. Type 3T 16,5 coal tender. Road number 56 765. The locomotive looks as it did around 1966.
|Gauge / Design type||H0 / 1:87|
Model: The locomotive has an mfx+ digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 4 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and tender are constructed mostly of metal. The 72270 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive. The dual headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke unit contact will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. Warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. There are separately applied smoke deflectors. There is a permanent close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender. The rear of the tender and the front of the locomotive has a close coupler with an NEM pocket. The locomotive has many separately applied details such as piping and sand pipes. Protective piston sleeves, brake lines, an imitation prototype coupler, and a sheet of decals for prototypical lettering on the smoke deflectors are included.
Length over the buffers 21.1 cm / 8-5/16".
A freight car set to go with this locomotive can be found in the Trix H0 assortment under item number 24075 with a reference about the necessary exchange wheelsets. This model can be found in a DC version in the Trix H0 assortment under item number 22908.
Find more Märklin explanation videos on our YouTube Channel
Road number 56 765 was stationed from 1956 to January 31, 1967 at Seebad Heringsdorf at Usedom (German State Railroad District Greifswald). In the Sixties, it had a different boiler as can be seen from photos. Road number 56 765 was equipped with the boiler with directly after one another arranged appliances during an L 4 procedure in October of 1965 in Leipzig. It was still in use with this boiler in 1969.
|Control Unit||Mobile Station||Mobile Station 2||Central Station 1/2||Central
Mobile Station 2**
|Steam locomotive op. sounds|
|Sound of squealing brakes off|
|Whistle for switching maneuver|
|Sound of coal being shoveled|
|Letting off Steam|
|"Switcher Double ""A"" Light"|
|Switching range + switching light|
* New features of the Central Station 2 (Part No. 60213, 60214 or 60215) with the software update 4.2
** New features of the Mobile Station 2 (Part No. 60657/66955) with the Software Update 3.55